INQUIRE, CONSIGN OR SELL ARTWORK
Especially interested in Wisconsin paintings 1900 - 1950ish.
We are especially interested in promoting and collecting exceptional artwork of Early Wisconsin Artists working during the period of 1900 - 1950s. There are many ways we can help you:
- We represent entire estates - Have an attic full of old paintings? We can help consign them!
- We can help you downsize your estate and collection - We represent a network of new collectors!
- We can consign a single piece - Like that big painting that hung over your grandmother's sofa!
- We Appraise artwork. Qualified Appraiser - helpful for trusts, inheritances, insurance and taxes.
- We may purchase your artwork. Have an amazing painting and want to sell fast?
INQUIRING OR SELLING ARTWORK
1. Artist Name
2. Title of artwork, and description of subject
3. Date or approximate date created (if known)
4. Dimensions of art, and frame dimensions
6. Condition - specifically describe overall condition and flaws
7. Provenance? How did you come to own it?
8. CLEAR, Focused Photographs
9. IF desiring to sell, whats your asking price, or what you think its worth?
Email information to: info@GalleryofWisconsinArt.com
MANY things need to be considered when selling artwork.
1. NUMEROUS benchmarks are used to value artwork, including size, condition, age, subject, historic importance, rarity, desirablity, frame, and resale potential are a few.
2. Every artist created good and bad work - so a "name" is only the beginning.
3. Some Wisconsin artists are collectible and can command good prices, but unfortunately, most do not. Don't expect to get rich.
4. Understand that teh Gallery of Wisconsin Art is a retail business and needs to make money too. Like retail operations, we buy at wholesale prices and sell at retai value.
We are happy to discuss the value of your art, and ALWAYS make reasonable offers.
1. QUALIFIED APPRAISER.
Law stipulates that an appraiser should have earned an appraisal designation from a recognized professional appraiser organization OR meet certain minimum education and experience requirements. Gallery Owner Ric Hartman has a B.F.A. in Fine Art and Education from Pacific Lutheran University, and a M.F.A. in fine Art from The University of Wisconsin (Madison). Additionally, I have been an art buyer and collector for almost 40 years. I have owned and operated the Gallery of Wisconsin Art for almost 10 years. I have provided appraisals for insurance and tax purposes, and meet the Appraiser criteria. Check with your accountant or legal consultants to confirm eligibility.
2. Formal Appraisals cost from $100-$150+ depending upon your requirements.
If you have a large collection of work and would like to have a meeting to discuss, call 414-333-1942. If you would like to consign or sell just a few pieces of artwork, email the following information to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions concerning submission requirements, contact the Gallery by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 414-333-1942.
WANT TO CONSIGN YOUR ESTATE OR COLLECTION?
As of January 2021, The GALLERY OF WISCONSIN ART, LLC (GOWA) operates online only. Continuing its mission, the gallery will promote and sell Wisconsin Art of all periods by offering web listings to estates/descendants of Early Wisconsin Artists as well as contemporary artists.
This opportunity is available only to Artists /Consignors who have mutually respected, trusted, flexible, drama-free, and low-maintenance working relationship with the Gallery owner. Application is required, and quality is critical. Gallery owner reserves the right to discontinue representation when demands become excessive and unreasonable.
BENEFITS OF THE PROMOTIONAL LISTING OPPORTUNITY INCLUDE:
FEES AND COMMISSIONS
HOW IT WORKS
See agreement attached for other terms and conditions. Thank you!