INQUIRE, CONSIGN OR SELL ARTWORK
Especially interested in Wisconsin paintings 1900 - 1950ish.
We are especially interested in promoting and collecting exceptional artwork by Early Wisconsin Artists working during the period of 1900 - 1950s. There are many ways we can help you:
- We represent entire estates - Have an attic full of old paintings? We can help consign them!
- We can help you downsize your estate and collection - We represent a network of new collectors!
- We can consign a single piece - Like that big painting that hung over your grandmother's sofa!
- We Appraise artwork. Qualified Appraiser - helpful for trusts, inheritances, insurance and taxes.
- We may purchase your artwork. Have an amazing painting and want to sell fast?
INQUIRING OR SELLING ARTWORK
Information we require:
1. Artist Name
2. Title of artwork, and description of subject
3. Date or approximate date created (if known)
4. Dimensions of art, and frame dimensions
6. Condition - specifically describe overall condition and flaws
7. Provenance? How did you come to own it?
8. CLEAR, Focused Photographs
9. IF desiring to sell, whats your asking price, or what you think its worth? See Below.
Email information to: info@GalleryofWisconsinArt.com
MANY things should be considered when selling artwork.
1. NUMEROUS benchmarks are used to value artwork, including size, condition, age, subject, historic importance, rarity, desirablity, frame, resale potential, and the economy are a few.
2. Every artist created good and bad work - so a "name" is only the beginning.
3. Some Wisconsin artists are collectible and can bring good prices, but unfortunately, most do not. Don't expect to get rich.
4. Understand that the Gallery of Wisconsin Art is a retail business and must make money to stay in operation! Like retail businesses, we generally buy at wholesale prices and sell at retail value. We do not, and can not purchase artwork at the prices you see on our website.
5. Whats the Value of your artwork? Only what someone else is willing to pay for it!
We are happy to discuss the value of your art, and we ALWAYS make reasonable, and fair offers.
1. QUALIFIED APPRAISER.
Appraisers should have earned an appraisal designation from a recognized professional appraiser organization OR meet appropriate education and experience requirements.
Gallery Owner Ric Hartman has a Bachelors of Fine Art (B.F.A.) degree from Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma, WA), and a Masters of Fine Art (M.F.A.) degree from the University of Wisconsin (Madison). Additionally, I have been an art buyer, collector, consultant and curator for almost 40 years. I have owned and operated the Gallery of Wisconsin Art for almost 15 years.
I appraise artwork for insurance, estate, and tax purposes, and meet Appraiser criteria. I am frequently an art appraiser at local art and antique appraisal fairs, including the PBS Appraisal Fair. If you have eligibility questions, check with your accountant or legal consultants.
2. Formal written Appraisals cost $100-$150+ (each) depending upon your requirements. Generally speaking, the Gallery does NOT provide free appraisals.
If you have a large collection of Wisconsin artwork and would like to have a meeting to discuss, call 414-630-3600. If you would like to consign or sell just a few pieces of artwork, email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions concerning submission requirements, contact the Gallery by emailing email@example.com or calling 414-630-3600.
For a list of Early Wisconsin Artists of special interest, click HERE.
WANT TO CONSIGN YOUR ARTWORK, AN ESTATE OR COLLECTION?
The GALLERY OF WISCONSIN ART, LLC (GOWA) operates online only. Continuing its mission, the gallery will promote and sell Wisconsin Art of all periods by offering web listings to estates/descendants of Early Wisconsin Artists as well as contemporary artists.
This opportunity is available to Artists /Consignors who have a mutually respected, trusted, flexible, drama-free, and low-maintenance working relationship with the Gallery owner. Application is required, and quality is critical. Gallery owner reserves the right to discontinue representation when demands become excessive and unreasonable.
BENEFITS OF THE PROMOTIONAL LISTING OPPORTUNITY INCLUDE:
EARLY/ REGIONAL (Deceased) ARTISTS - COMMISSIONS AND FEES
HOW IT WORKS
Click HERE for the ONLINE GALLERY PROMOTION AND LISTING contract for EARLY/REGIONAL (deceased) artists.
See agreement attached for other terms and conditions. Thank you!